American Roulette and European Roulette wheel are both popular casino games, but they have significant differences. The main contrast lies in their table layouts and roulette wheels. American Roulette features 38 pockets on the wheel, with numbers 1 to 36 in black and red, and two green pockets for 0 and 00. On the other hand, European Roulette has 37 pockets, with numbers 1 to 36 in black and red, and just one green pocket for 0.

This guide aims to clarify the real distinctions between the two versions. Understanding these differences is important regardless of whether you play online or in a physical casino. It affects the design of the wheel and influences the house edge.

Comparison between American and European Roulette Wheel

Following is a comparison between American and European roulette by analyzing each variant’s odds, potential payouts, and Return to Player (RTP). So let’s examine each one separately:

American Roulette Wheel

  • House Edge: The house edge is 5.26% for all bet types. This means that, on average, the casino will retain 5.26% of all wagers made on these bets over time.
  • Payouts: The payouts for each bet type range from 35 to 1 (Straight Up) to 1 to 1 (Red, Black, Odd, Even, 1 to 18, and 19 to 36). Bets with higher payouts have lower probabilities of winning, while bets with lower payouts have higher probabilities of winning.
  • RTP: American Roulette’s overall expected return to the player (RTP) is 94.7%. This means that, on average, the player can expect to get back 94.7% of their total wagers over time, while the remaining 5.3% goes to the casino as profit.

European Roulette Wheel

  • House Edge: The house edge is lower at 2.7% for all bet types in European Roulette. This makes European Roulette generally more favorable for players compared to American Roulette, as the casino retains a smaller percentage of wagers on average.
  • Payouts: The payouts for each bet type are the same as in Table 1, ranging from 35 to 1 (Straight Up) to 1 to 1 (Red, Black, Odd, Even, 1 to 18, and 19 to 36).
  • RTP: The overall expected return to the player (RTP) is higher at 97.3% for European Roulette. This means that, on average, the player can expect to get back 97.3% of their total wagers over time, while the remaining 2.7% goes to the casino as profit.

Final Thought

In summary, if given the choice between American Roulette and European Roulette wheel, players may prefer European Roulette due to its lower house edge and higher RTP, offering slightly better chances of winning in the long run.

Last thing, roulette outcomes are random and should be played for entertainment purposes, with responsible gambling practices in mind.

Explore our latest casino game guides for thrilling entertainment and winning opportunities!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

New Casinos
100% First Deposit Bonus

1 BTC + 100 Free Spins

50 Free Spins 

100% First Deposit Bonus